Welcome to MARL’s 2021 Celebrity Pet of the Year contest! Help us pick our celebrity pets of 2021 by voting for your favorite animals below. Voting is free, open to anybody, and limited to 3 votes per day. At the end of the day on May 24th, the dog and cat with the most votes will win an amazing VIP Celebrity Pet Package!
All entry fees go straight to animals in need at the Michigan Animal Rescue League. Help us rescue more dogs and cats who need a second chance by making a donation today!
Want to enter your pet in the contest? Just click here! The entry fee is $50. New pets can be submitted anytime up until May 24th and will be added below at the end of each day.
- Sort by:
The dog and cat who get the most votes by May 25th will win this incredible VIP Celebrity Pet Package!
– 2 free tickets to Yappy Hour (plus an invitation to our exclusive VIP Pre-Glow Reception!)
– Complimentary grooming session at Canine Couture*
– Free MARL Swag Bag with pet & human merchandise
– Behind-the-scenes tour of the shelter + playtime with adoptable cats and/or dogs
– Title of “2021 MARL Pet Ambassador“, which includes:
– A photoshoot at MARL (plus digital copies of the photos, dogs only)
– A story & photo feature in MARL’s next newsletter
(If your pet is a MARL alum, we may even put them on the cover!)
– Shoutout on MARL’s social media and website
– Celebrity signage and announcement at Yappy Hour
PLUS the pride of knowing they helped raise money for dogs and cats in need right here in southeast Michigan!
Voting is free, open to anyone, and limited to 3 votes per day per device. Each of the three votes must go to different animals. To vote for an animal, click the heart above their picture.
If you have any questions or issues, please contact Megan Garrison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Contest Rules & Details
- Entry fee is a minimum of $50 per pet. Pets can be submitted online here or by emailing email@example.com. All entry fees and additional donations will go straight to the Michigan Animal Rescue League.
- Pets can be entered in the contest anytime between April 12th and May 24th.
- The contest opens for voting on May 3rd. All participants entered at that time will receive an email reminding them that voting has begun.
- Voting is free and limited to 3 votes per day per device. These 3 votes must all be given to different animals (i.e. you cannot vote for a single animal more than once on the same day on the same device). Anyone can vote – you do not have to be a participant!
- The dog and cat with the most votes at midnight EDT on May 24th are the winners! Winners will be announced and contacted on May 25th.
PRIZE PACKAGE DETAILS:
- Complimentary grooming sessions are generously provided by Canine Couture Grooming. Appointment times and details of the grooming will be determined by Canine Couture.
- *Canine Couture is not able to accommodate dogs above 80 lbs or double-coated breeds. If the winning dog fits this description, we will arrange for the grooming to be done by another licensed groomer.
- Playtime with MARL cats and/or dogs is for the winning humans only. In order to keep your pet and our animals safe, your pet cannot be included in the playtime.
- You may bring guests to your tour and playtime. Tours typically last 45 minutes, and playtime will be offered for up to an hour with the supervision of a staff member or volunteer.
- At this time, the photoshoot is only for the winning dog. We do not recommend bringing your cat into the shelter due to the stress it would likely cause them. We also cannot send a photographer to your home due to COVID-19 safety precautions.
- The photoshoot will be done at our shelter by experienced MARL staff. Afterwards, we will send you digital copies of all of the photos. We cannot guarantee a certain number or variety of photos.
- Celebrity signage will be posted at the MARL tent at Yappy Hour on September 29th, 2021.
If you have any questions, please email MARL’s Event Coordinator, Megan Garrison, at firstname.lastname@example.org.