We are currently looking for bottle baby kitten fosters to join our volunteer team! Young kittens require round-the-clock care that includes bottle feeding, close monitoring for weight gain, and lots of love and affection to reassure... Read More
Becoming a foster allows you to experience first-hand how you can make an immediate and lasting impact on the life of an animal that needs your help.
Fosters help MARL provide the best care possible for our cats and dogs until they are ready to be returned to the shelter or adopted. MARL continues to provide and pay for veterinary care, food and other needed supplies for foster animals. Fostering can last from a few days to several months depending on the needs of each individual animal.
Types of animals that could benefit from fostering include:
- Bottle-fed kittens.
- Cats and dogs who are pregnant/nursing.
- Cats, kittens, dogs and puppies who could benefit from extra socialization.
- Long-term residents who are experiencing stress, anxiety or additional heath problems.
- Heartworm-positive dogs.
Foster requirements include but are not limited to:
- You must be 21 years of age.
- Your personal animals must be sterilized and up to date on age-appropriate vaccinations.
- If you rent, you must have landlord approval to house animals.
We prefer that you have experience with the type of animal that you want to foster. If you have never had a pet and are looking for experience, please consider becoming a volunteer. If you are hoping to adopt and looking for a trial period, please contact our front desk. Our adoption process can help you find the right dog or cat for you.
If you are interested in providing temporary shelter, care and love for an animal in need, fill out a Foster Application today!
Animals that NEED a foster:
NO ANIMALS FOUND